Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Memories of the year.(sigh)



I can't believe one year has passed since I had my little Tevin. This is a gushy one so be prepared. Last year at this time I had checked into the hospital to have Tevi. I was started early because of my diabetes and was so excited and scared that he was soon on his way. The night consisted of small contractions until early in the morning. I was apparently not cooperating as usual so the good doctors helped a bit. I was soon progressing a little too fast and holding out for the epidural. I waited a little to long and within minutes I had the epidural and a full emergency medical team taking me in for an emergent c-section with Tevin in trouble. He was born within half an hour and was perfect. I remember holding him and looking in those amazing little eyes and it was like we had known each other forever. I believe that was the most incredible moment in my life. The last year has had plenty of changes but none that I regret. Tevin is amazing every day. With each new tooth, smile, giggle, gesture, step, and sound I can't wait to walk into his room and have him reach for me and give me a kiss and a snuggle every day. He is such a blessing to our family and has such a gentle and giving spirit. He is my sunshine, just like our favorite song. Mommy loves you Tevy! XOXOXO

3 comments:

Jed & Mary Neilson said...

Amber,
I love your little notes regarding your little one. He truly was a miracle that was sent to your family for a purpose. You have such an amazing family and I have been blessed to be there with you. Thank you for your friendship. May the Lord bless you and your little family with all that you are in need of! Happy Birthday Tevin!!! Love, Jed, Mary, Becca, Hailey, Abbey & Maddie Neilson

kristinaclayson said...

oh, that was such a nice comment. We are all blessed to have tevy in the family and he is loved by all of us. Congrats!!! Love Cousin Krissy

Hillary said...

They grow up SO fast! What a great blessing and miracle Tevin has been for your family. Happy Birthday!